Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Coral species? 3/14/24

Go down 
+22
Tove
Joliezac
halichoeres
Jill
George
pipsxlch
Bonnie
Dutch Bear
Rakel
Birdsage
Kikimalou
Roger
Taos
endogenylove
Pardofelis
bmathison1972
landrover
Advicot
widukind
Duck-Anch-Amun
SUSANNE
Saarlooswolfhound
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

Coral species? 3/14/24 - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coral species? 3/14/24   Coral species? 3/14/24 - Page 8 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2022 8:25 pm

Roger wrote:
Ricardo told about several variations of those birds. My conviction is that Nayab copied with small changes an older series and now these retouched moulds are sold under many different brand names and diversified finish quality.
I confess I have a good number of pictures of these birds to list on TAW and I don't even know how to start.
Is the spoonbill you're asking [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] posted by Roger?
About the frog, just take your time, no hurries.

Aha! Here are the two spoonbills I was talking about!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Coral species? 3/14/24   Coral species? 3/14/24 - Page 8 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2022 8:28 pm

Yes Roger and Ricardo! I will share comparisons of the spoonbills sometime. :) Thank you for the replies!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Coral species? 3/14/24   Coral species? 3/14/24 - Page 8 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2022 3:42 am

ok, a little more mystery to solve...

Here, does anyone have ideas on species? I am not sure, but my guesses are common genet (Nayab? Its hollow), some sort of langur perhaps(?)[north plains? It was sold witch ChapMei but its not marked...], some sort of rabbit fish, no idea if the ray matches anything, nor for the turtles/tortoises.

close up of the black turtle... red footed tortoise?

Any idea on brand? The little jaguar cub was sold on e ay with ChapMei models, but its not marked. I quite like the grooming horse.

Any suggestions for species to customize these into?

And then 2 I forgot... species guesses?

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Coral species? 3/14/24   Coral species? 3/14/24 - Page 8 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2022 1:14 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

Any suggestions for species to customize these into?

interesting figures, but I can't help with their ID, sorry!

and all those fish are so beautiful!!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Coral species? 3/14/24   Coral species? 3/14/24 - Page 8 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2022 2:58 am

scratch study What a Face It is a job for Sbell Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Coral species? 3/14/24   Coral species? 3/14/24 - Page 8 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2022 12:44 pm

I'm really a disaster with those fish but isn't it a butterflyfish instead of a rabbitfish? It ressembles a Yellow longnose butterflyfish (Forcipiger flavissimus, ).
Your identification for the red-footed tortoise sounds perfect to me.
The stingray is probably something close to a maskray, maybe a picture taken from the same angle as this one could help.
Butterfly is probably a Vanessa, American lady or so...

Last edited by Roger on Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Coral species? 3/14/24   Coral species? 3/14/24 - Page 8 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2022 2:38 pm

I identified the bird in picture 5 as Scissor-tailed flycatcher.

The shell/snail in picture 4, I have in my identifying thread as unindentified species, too Laughing
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Coral species? 3/14/24   Coral species? 3/14/24 - Page 8 EmptySat Jan 27, 2024 11:48 pm

Any ideas for these guys? The bat seems like a mini Bullyland... any species it could loosely go by? Or be customized into? The monkey reminds me of ChapMei, its rather soft plastic. Any idea on species it could by or species it could be customized into?

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Coral species? 3/14/24   Coral species? 3/14/24 - Page 8 EmptySun Jan 28, 2024 5:20 pm

The bat is like the Mini Bully, the monkey i have never seen before. But very interesting

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Coral species? 3/14/24   Coral species? 3/14/24 - Page 8 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 1:21 am

Any species ID for these coral?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coral species? 3/14/24   Coral species? 3/14/24 - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Coral species? 3/14/24
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8