Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare

Go down 
+20
spacelab
pipsxlch
George
Jill
Burgerenby
Advicot
rogerpgvg
Shanti
A-J
lucky luke
costicuba
Taos
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
SUSANNE
widukind
Caracal
Kikimalou
Bonnie
Ana
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 6 EmptyWed 4 Aug 2021 - 14:49

So fun that horse was called Mojo, it is like a gator called Safari or a giraffe called CollectA. It looks so realistic! Very Happy

Ana wrote:
Roger wrote:
Surely they look super realistic and we could never guess their size with so many detail.
Oh, today I learned elves are at 1:32 scale, it is not a surprise that with my poor sight I've never seen a single one. It also means our UK Roger will probably start collecting elves. Laughing

Haha, Roger, I think the real elves are 1/1 scale elves, just around 32 times smaller than humans, no? Laughing
Thank you for your kind comment again! I'm sorry for replying so late!

Laughing Sure, it was no sense from my part, sometimes I think we are elves but 32 times larger. Wink

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 6 EmptyWed 4 Aug 2021 - 19:21

He's so beautiful, a really soft and subtle paintjob and colour, and such realistic marking shapes. I find frame overo patterns feel really outside my world cos I see entirely tobiano pintos in the horses I'm around or see at shows (I've seen one overo horse in my entire life, in a field we passed once on a day out!), so the different pattern shapes and placement are a foreign language and I don't feel happy painting them Laughing

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 6 EmptyWed 4 Aug 2021 - 19:45

Roger, yes, it's a funny coincidence with the name. I'm not sure if Josine was aware of this toy brand name though. scratch As far as I know, she doesn't collect toy animals, not even Breyer horses.

Thanks so much, George! Yes, this pattern feels unusual for me too, and that's the reason I wanted to try it. After painting a number of tobianos I felt like I needed to try something else. If I buy stock horses resins it's mostly because of the interesting and different colors they can have Smile Majority of my collection are ponies and draft horses Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
George

George

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 6 EmptyWed 4 Aug 2021 - 19:58

Yes, there's colours I've painted just so I can tick them off the list of things I've never tried. I even made a colour chart once and worked out which of all possible genetic combinations I'd painted and which were blank (and there's still a ton of cream/pearl/champagne/silver combinations I've never done and probably never will cos I don't like painting pale colours much, hahah)

Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 6 EmptyWed 11 Aug 2021 - 20:27

George wrote:
Yes, there's colours I've painted just so I can tick them off the list of things I've never tried. I even made a colour chart once and worked out which of all possible genetic combinations I'd painted and which were blank (and there's still a ton of cream/pearl/champagne/silver combinations I've never done and probably never will cos I don't like painting pale colours much, hahah)

That's a very interesting idea, such a chart! I have a "bucket list" in my head for the colors I would like to paint at some point if they look nice, but it's nowhere near an actual compendium Smile I would say one of the pearl colors for an Iberian horse could be a very interesting challenge. And they look pretty amazing, almost unreal!

Last week I painted this warmblood mare model Eclair sculpted by J. Vingerling. Her color was based on some bay silver warmbloods (KWPN breed). All of my reference horses were related to each other and had this dark shade of bay combined with silver. So their tails and manes were greying/blonde and the body color looked almost like a regular dark bay. I think the photos show the color a little bit darker than it is in reality scratch  .

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 6 EmptyThu 12 Aug 2021 - 14:12

This is a stunning warmblood in so many ways! cheers cheers cheers
I love all those rich browns so carefully blended, and the beautiful pattern on the coat which looks so natural and realistic enough to be the real horse! I love the way you have used darker shades to really bring out the muscle detail, this horse looks so grand and elegant- wow! cheers Applause Applause
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 6 EmptyThu 12 Aug 2021 - 14:23

Right, elegant as Bonnie said. Applause
Back to top Go down
George

George

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 6 EmptyThu 12 Aug 2021 - 18:15

The dappling is to die for, so soft and you've really got the shapes right - it's far too easy to paint them all the same size and too regularly rounded, without daring to try for the complexity in what makes them look the 'right' odd shape in different parts of the horse. I LOVE her hooves, too, the ermine marks and striping look soft and subtle, and that shading on her face - wow!

Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 6 EmptyFri 13 Aug 2021 - 22:15

Beautiful!! Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 6 EmptyFri 13 Aug 2021 - 22:39

Absolutely gorgeous work! I would love to start repainting models one day and your work is truly an inspiration.
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 6 EmptySat 14 Aug 2021 - 21:10

I love the yellow highlights.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 6 EmptySun 15 Aug 2021 - 16:52

It couldn't be more beautiful! Such a noble piece with a perfect painting! cheers

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 6 EmptyTue 21 Sep 2021 - 9:15

Ana wrote:

Miammm Shocked Delicious drunken sunny It is a real gourmandise I love you
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 6 EmptyTue 21 Sep 2021 - 10:45

Thank you all so much for such kind comments! sunny flower
I'm sorry for answering so late, I somehow forgot to check this topic again for a while.

Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 6 EmptyWed 22 Sep 2021 - 2:16

I can't say much new, only reiterate the WOWs! I agree about the dappling, those shapes are so nicely done! They look so real, rather than too uniform, but they also don't look haphazard or random. They fit together nicely and follow the body and the coat. I love the color you've chosen, with the silvering tail. Elegant is indeed the word. I was just saying on George's thread that the mastery of solid and "plain" colors seems to be a great tell for skill, and I can say it here just as easily. There is nothing boring about this, despite the lack of "chrome."
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 6 EmptyWed 22 Sep 2021 - 11:09

I love its hieratic standing and I can't imagine the work to obtain so spendid and realistic result! cheers cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 6 EmptyFri 22 Oct 2021 - 2:38

Oh, I haven`t comment since March affraid
And since then you showed us so gorgeous painted models.
They are all amazing Anna ! Applause
And I see that you now have a second model of the last one - the warmblood mare, which you painted so beautifully, which you showed on your newcomers topic.
So, we will wait a new version of it too cheers

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 6 EmptyMon 25 Oct 2021 - 14:54

Thanks so much for your kind words Jill, Caracal and Kosta 🙂
It's so nice to hear that you like those little horses 😀
I was a bit surprised that the dapples on the warmblood came out quite nicely. During the work it felt like she would always stay in the ugly stage. I think only the last two layers really helped to make the nice final look.

Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 6 EmptyThu 28 Oct 2021 - 21:50

Oh wow, I totally missed this thread! What beautiful horses!! Looove the Palomino Mojo! So beautiful!! And together with Lola (I have this one too, still unpainted), what a wonderful sight!
And the new warmblood, what a rich color!! And very difficult to paint I think! Fantastic Ana!!
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 6 EmptySun 5 Dec 2021 - 17:38

Thank you so much, Shanti! I haven't checked this topic again in a while! Thank you very much for your kind comments!

This week I finished painting this tiny horse for my good friend. It's a micro mini (1/64) Arabian mare Demoiselle digitally sculpted by Leah Peretz (Canyon Spring Studio). The print is made of resin. This is possibly the brightest bay I've ever painted, and maybe slightly too red but I hope my friend will like it.

Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 6 EmptySun 5 Dec 2021 - 20:33

Stunning model, especially for such a small scale. The contrasting black and bay suit it very well.

George

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 6 EmptySun 5 Dec 2021 - 20:49

Oh, she is beautiful, so much crisp clean detail for something so small and fine, digital sculpting must be a fantastic tool for producing these tiny tiny pieces. She's a lovely shade of bay, not too red to be realistic, and my favourite part is how her muzzle shades softly into sandy tones.

Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 6 EmptyMon 6 Dec 2021 - 10:36

Thank you so much for your comments! Very Happy

It is indeed a tiny horsie. I will need to pack and send this one now, but I bought one of those minis for myself too so I will show you a size comparison with a lego block sometime in the future. Smile

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 6 EmptyMon 6 Dec 2021 - 10:39

I would love to see a size comparison with a Lego block, wow this model really must be tiny! Shocked It shows amazing skill, half the size of a 1/32 scale horse but with more detail than lots of standard sized models, I love all the colours and the way they blend into each other so realistically! cheers I'm sure your friend will adore this horse! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 6 EmptyMon 6 Dec 2021 - 11:13

So tiny and so beautiful drunken Thank you for sharing Anna Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next