Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare

Go down 
+20
spacelab
pipsxlch
George
Jill
Burgerenby
Advicot
rogerpgvg
Shanti
A-J
lucky luke
costicuba
Taos
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
SUSANNE
widukind
Caracal
Kikimalou
Bonnie
Ana
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 8 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2022 11:35 am

Thank you so much Anna and George for so much information, that is really helpful and interesting! cheers cheers
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] That's really useful to know, thank you! I currently use Daler-Rowney acrylics but I suspect they are more for canvas's/ big paintings rather than models! Very interesting about the pigments too and I suspect this is the case with mine as well, they weren't that expensive so I definitely see your point of buying fewer, but better quality acrylics! Very Happy Ohh yes they probably are heavy-body acrylics, that makes sense, I'll definitely look for more fluid acrylics in future and thank you very much for the brand suggestions! Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Would completely agree! It will certainly take a bit of experimenting to find the paint that works best, and I can definitely see how different painters would prefer different paints, and also interesting that you've found the same with acrylics designed for canvases not working that well for models. Thanks for the link too, I'll remember to have a look at some point! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 8 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2022 5:39 am

I will vouch for the Golden light body acrylics- expensive, but worth it. I have used the regular 'craft's type acrylics, but they look/feel 'dead' to me, if that makes sense. Heavy body canvas acrylics are too dense and clumpy. The Golden light body paints almost have the depth of oils to me, and are easy to work with.

I must add that I have little experience painting models- this is from painting cast gypsum art sculpts.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 8 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2022 11:24 am

pipsxlch wrote:
I will vouch for the Golden light body acrylics- expensive, but worth it. I have used the regular 'craft's type acrylics, but they look/feel 'dead' to me, if that makes sense. Heavy body canvas acrylics are too dense and clumpy. The Golden light body paints almost have the depth of oils to me, and are easy to work with.

I must add that I have little experience painting models- this is from painting cast gypsum art sculpts.
Thank you so much Kelly, really good to hear from someone else who has used this paint too! cheers
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2022 5:27 pm

Thank you all for the nice comments! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I hope you can find perfect acrylics for your needs Smile

I've finished my horses on time Smile I submitted my entries last night, so, super last-minute but yay, they are painted!!
You can see the size difference between Pierre and Shire foal Wink
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And micro Shires  Laughing

Dolls with their "Minis painting minis" challenge e;)

And for fun, one more in-progress photo from earlier. But I thought you may like it Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2022 5:46 pm

Wow!! Stunning! Pierre is gorgeous and those micro horses are so small! I love the shots with the dolls painting their horses, great work as always!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2022 5:57 pm

Pierre turned out fantastically well, I love how you've given the black so much depth and he isn't just literal black. I'm in awe of anyone who can manage large surface areas and a big breed at a big scale is a LOT of horse!
The shire is my favourite, though, really like the light touches to bring that shedding coat to life.

The chap in a hat has to be given a stern talking to, though, sticky candyfloss near model horses?!

Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2022 8:35 pm

Congratulations on finishing them, and such amazing models! cheers cheers I just loved the photo showing the size difference and the dolls, it looks so realistic to have everything to scale! Applause cheers
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2022 9:28 pm

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Superb!!!!!!

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2022 10:07 pm

Pierre is amazing. His subtle shades of black and bay are beautiful, they show great skill. I guess you needed industrial quantities of paint for such a large horse.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2022 1:03 am

Hurray Anna and you even found time to share your magic with us. Good luck! flower

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2022 10:49 am

Thanks so much for all the comments! I'm really happy to hear that you like them Very Happy sunny sunny

George wrote:
Pierre turned out fantastically well, I love how you've given the black so much depth and he isn't just literal black. I'm in awe of anyone who can manage large surface areas and a big breed at a big scale is a LOT of horse!
The shire is my favourite, though, really like the light touches to bring that shedding coat to life.

The chap in a hat has to be given a stern talking to, though, sticky candyfloss near model horses?!

Thanks so much! I used very little of pure black paint, only on his mane and tail, and some in eyes. Very Happy And, true, he is the largest model I've ever painted!

But yes, I think the Shire foal is my favorite too Very Happy

About the man with cotton candy, hahaha, he just wanted to celebrate finishing his first repaint Wink I agree it might have ended badly for the model  What a Face

Bonnie wrote:
Congratulations on finishing them, and such amazing models! cheers cheers I just loved the photo showing the size difference and the dolls, it looks so realistic to have everything to scale! Applause cheers

Thank you! I like to see the two next to each other too Very Happy

rogerpgvg wrote:
Pierre is amazing. His subtle shades of black and bay are beautiful, they show great skill. I guess you needed industrial quantities of paint for such a large horse.

Hahaha, no industrial amounts of paint needed  Laughing  Really the layers of paints are rather thin, so it was fine. I did run out of raw umber at some point though, but it was an old bottle anyway. Smile

Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2022 2:14 am

Holy smokes, the murghese and Pierre are jaw dropping. That roan/dappling is masterful but also the detail of the face, he looks so incredibly alive and like all the correct textures are there of the soft skin and fine hair. The way you convey precise details without overwhelming and cluttering the entire piece is a skill you have in spades. And I agree with everyone, that dark coat on Pierre is so full of luster and depth and light. Breathtaking, really! I'd hang just the photo of him. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2022 2:33 am

Laughing Silver instead of Golden Idea
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2022 3:35 am

what a size difference! I would never have guessed if it wasn't for your photo!
I love the glint in all their eyes Wink it really makes them come alive.
Excellent work! I hope you receive prizes/credits ? for them all :)

oh! I forgot to add - the doll sure drinks a lot of cups of tea Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2022 8:15 am

Simply amazing !!!!

Unbelievable fantastic cheers

And now we know some of your secret : Tea, tea, snacks, tea, and more tea Laughing
But the gentleman should know better than eating candy floss near a lively foal !

Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2022 9:28 am

Very impressed by Pierre! drunken  and I love the last picture: no scale distortion in this alive scenery exept the real cup in front that allows comparison scales! even the wooden floor is at scale! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2022 10:10 am

Jill wrote:
Holy smokes, the murghese and Pierre are jaw dropping. That roan/dappling is masterful but also the detail of the face, he looks so incredibly alive and like all the correct textures are there of the soft skin and fine hair. The way you convey precise details without overwhelming and cluttering the entire piece is a skill you have in spades. And I agree with everyone, that dark coat on Pierre is so full of luster and depth and light. Breathtaking, really! I'd hang just the photo of him. Very Happy

Thank you so much for your words, Jill!  sunny  sunny  sunny

pipsxlch wrote:
Laughing Silver instead of Golden Idea

Yes, thank you for noticing! Very Happy  Wink

sunny wrote:
what a size difference! I would never have guessed if it wasn't for your photo!
I love the glint in all their eyes Wink it really makes them come alive.
Excellent work! I hope you receive prizes/credits ? for them all :)

oh! I forgot to add - the doll sure drinks a lot of cups of tea Very Happy Very Happy

Thank you! Yes, my doll drinks a lot of coffee and tea Very Happy

There are no prizes for Namopaimo or they are sometimes given at random. The real prize is the model you finished. And the cheering from other participants, technical tips and tricks, etc.
A challenge with a deadline is a real gift for procrastinators like myself. I have so many unpainted models, so an event like this is really a perfect occasion to paint some of them Very Happy

This is the whole group of my Namopaimo horses from previous years. They would probably still be blank if not for this event Very Happy

SUSANNE wrote:
Simply amazing !!!!

Unbelievable fantastic cheers

And now we know some of your secret : Tea, tea, snacks, tea, and more tea Laughing
But the gentleman should know better than eating candy floss near a lively foal !

Thank you, Susanne!
My doll is probably a tea or coffee addict Wink I suspect she even drinks from my cup  Razz

Caracal wrote:
Very impressed by Pierre! drunken  and I love the last picture: no scale distortion in this alive scenery exept the real cup in front that allows comparison scales! even the wooden floor is at scale! cheers cheers

Thank you so much! I'm really glad you like the last picture! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2022 6:22 pm

Ana wrote:
Very Happy

WOOOOOOW cheers I love you

rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2022 7:29 pm

A stunning group of horses in that last photo!

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2022 9:10 pm

What a absolutely superb group of equines! Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 8 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2022 12:19 am

Those are all absolutely stunning!!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 8 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2022 10:28 am

Ana wrote:
There are no prizes for Namopaimo or they are sometimes given at random. The real prize is the model you finished. And the cheering from other participants, technical tips and tricks, etc.
A challenge with a deadline is a real gift for procrastinators like myself. I have so many unpainted models, so an event like this is really a perfect occasion to paint some of them Very Happy

I find it the opposite, when there's any kind of deadline it forces every last scrap of motivation and creativity out of me, and I don't paint at all, while feeling very stressed and guilty about not being able to Laughing

But I'm glad it works for some people, cos anything which helps motivate and inspire and push creativity is a good thing!

Ana wrote:
This is the whole group of my Namopaimo horses from previous years. They would probably still be blank if not for this event Very Happy

This is what I mean, the fact you got so many horses completed, and did things which might not have got painted otherwise, is what makes it such a rewarding event for those who can do it.
I forget which month is Namopaimo cos it's such a Facebook/socialmedia thing I'm not aware it's going on unless somebody I know shares their results, but that way even people who aren't in on the event still get to see just a little bit more painted horsey goodness from the painters we do know on forums or blogs.

Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 8 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2022 10:13 am

Thank you all again for such nice words about the horses! Very Happy

George wrote:
Ana wrote:

I find it the opposite, when there's any kind of deadline it forces every last scrap of motivation and creativity out of me, and I don't paint at all, while feeling very stressed and guilty about not being able to Laughing

But I'm glad it works for some people, cos anything which helps motivate and inspire and push creativity is a good thing!

Ana wrote:

This is what I mean, the fact you got so many horses completed, and did things which might not have got painted otherwise, is what makes it such a rewarding event for those who can do it.
I forget which month is Namopaimo cos it's such a Facebook/socialmedia thing I'm not aware it's going on unless somebody I know shares their results, but that way even people who aren't in on the event still get to see just a little bit more painted horsey goodness from the painters we do know on forums or blogs.

Interesting that it works so differently for different people Smile I can imagine that too much pressure can ruin the fun, for sure! Or even cause an art block. Maybe I just don't experience Namopaimo as particularly stressful, no one would be angry at me if I didn't finish study

Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2022 2:51 pm

It's been a long time without any update but I finally painted something new this month. Smile

I painted this Barley sculpted by Leah Peretz (Canyon Spring studio). This model is around the 1/30 scale or a big stablemate size. I decided to go with bay tobiano for this guy and chose Drum Horse as his breed. American Drum Horse is a relatively new breed, it's often pinto patterned and has a big Clydesdale and Shire influence.
His new name is Jealous of Roses (after a song I like). I thought it would suit him maybe because he's such a red bay cherry

My second victim was Ozan, an Akhal Teke stallion sculpted by Amy de Waal (Zoraida Equine Art). Ozan is quite an old work of Amy, I had this model for a few years but couldn't decide on a color for him. Finally, I decided on a palomino. I found a nice reference picture and tried to go for a similar shade like HERE

I called him Alkonost (after a bird-like goddess from Slavic folklore)

I also painted some micro mini (1/64) horses.

This foal was sculpted by Maggie Bennet. It's from the same set as the one I painted earlier this year. I'm also working on a little diorama for the two of them. His new name is Woody Woodpecker.

And a birthday gift for a friend, another M. Bennet sculpture.

Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2022 3:15 pm

These are gorgeous as always Anna! I think Jealous of Roses is my favorite, I just love those patterns I love you

I'm always amazed you can paint those 1/64 scale horses so detailed! They look like they are stablemate size or larger with your paintwork Applause

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next