Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare

Go down 
+20
spacelab
pipsxlch
George
Jill
Burgerenby
Advicot
rogerpgvg
Shanti
A-J
lucky luke
costicuba
Taos
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
SUSANNE
widukind
Caracal
Kikimalou
Bonnie
Ana
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2020 6:00 pm

Thank you A-J! I know what you mean about the intricate patterns Very Happy
And, totally agree about Bleikur (now my Tjaldur), it has Lea's sculpting style, which I just love! Very special. And I'd say the mane and tail are just so amazing! Seeing it makes me happy every time! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2020 6:28 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I am very happy that ypu also like the name for your beautful Icey Wink

Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2020 7:06 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I am very happy that ypu also like the name for your beautful Icey Wink

sunny sunny sunny cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2020 1:09 am

Wowww Anna, what can I say ?!? ... Maybe I can repeat a 100 times '' WOWWW'' ...
I just love all these beauties !
Every one is real piece of art.
But I have to say, this time I have a favorite...and it is your gorgeous Sorraia horse.
Soooooo beautiful, sooo powerful, sooo alive !
The sculpt is amazing, your choice of painting it as Sorraia horse is amazing ...and the colours , again : amazing. Love it !!! I love you
And I am sure, Roger will be veeery happy to see it too Very Happy

I am not good with the names , maybe Susanne can help also of this one ...but I actually like this name : Dartanian very much :)
I think it`s fits very good.

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2020 1:38 am

They are all stunning of course, but the last model is my favorite. Truly lovely work!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2020 7:22 am

Beautiful again drunken I second Kosta, it is very very Woowwww Very Happy

All are so... and so... but again my heart broke for Ponpon, he or she ? is adorable.

Tjaldur Suspect ok for Tjaldur, Susanne was faster than me, it was easy Sleep , but Bono could be his nickname ( Something about the mane Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2020 1:03 pm

costicuba wrote:
Wowww Anna, what can I say ?!? ... Maybe I can repeat a 100 times '' WOWWW'' ...
I just love all these beauties !
Every one is real piece of art.
But I have to say, this time I have a favorite...and it is your gorgeous Sorraia horse.
Soooooo beautiful, sooo powerful, sooo alive !
The sculpt is amazing, your choice of painting it as Sorraia horse is amazing ...and the colours , again : amazing. Love it !!! I love you
And I am sure, Roger will be veeery happy to see it too Very Happy

I am not good with the names , maybe Susanne can help also of this one ...but I actually like this name : Dartanian very much :)
I think it`s fits very good.

Thank you so much, Kosta! I think Dartanian is a nice name, but it doesn't tell a story to me. I like names for my horses to have references to music, my favorite songs, or birds and such. Very Happy
I wanted to have a Sorraia horse in my collection for a long time, so I was happy this one looks convincing to you! I hope Roger would approve too. Very Happy

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
They are all stunning of course, but the last model is my favorite. Truly lovely work!

My favorite too! Sculpt work of my friend, favorite sculpting style ever. And one of my favorite breeds Very Happy And I knew how I wanted to paint him the moment I saw the sculpt Very Happy

Kikimalou wrote:
Beautiful again drunken  I second Kosta, it is very very Woowwww Very Happy

All are so... and so... but again my heart broke for Ponpon, he or she ? is adorable.

Tjaldur Suspect  ok for Tjaldur, Susanne was faster than me, it was easy Sleep , but Bono could be his nickname ( Something about the mane Very Happy )
Thank you, Christophe! I'm happy to hear you like them! And Bono, haha, could be a nickname.

Ponpon is a gelding. He's fun for photography because he always looks a bit upset. It adds some action to the picture. Smile

Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 19, 2020 8:21 pm

Wow wow wow!! Very Happy cheers Applause
I haven't been here for a while and missed your new thread!!
Starting with that beautiful painted cat! She is so pretty! And all the wonderful horses, can't tell which I like most!! So different but all of them so beautifully painted and customized (the appy shetty is so cute!!) And wonderful photos!! Will visit here more often for sure!! Very Happy Very Happy cyclops
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2020 2:15 pm

Thanks so much, Shanti! It makes me very happy to read that you like them! Very Happy And, you know I'm always looking forward to see news from your miniature barn Wink Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2021 12:12 pm

Hi, everyone!
This time I'm showing you works in progress. February is known in model horse hobby as a month of Namopaimo - National Model Painting Month (it's international, really and everyone can join). And I'm taking part in it for the fifth time! The goal is to finish painting a model horse within one month, and it's the shortest month of the year. My project this time is winter fur Bleikur. I started customizing him a few months ago but only finished now. Yesterday I put primer on it, so, he's ready to get his colors. It will take a while before his paintwork is ready, of course.
I want to paint him in red/orange fiery chestnut color. I wish the snow would stay long enough for me to take snowy pictures with this boy when he's ready. But that's probably not going to happen.
And, he's looking for a new name too, since the color will not be correct for "Bleikur"  Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I have one more project. It's a micro-mini horse (1/64 scale) sculpted by Maggie Bennet. My plan for this one is dark chestnut with frame overo pattern. I may add roaning too. Not sure what the breed is but for me this will be a mustang. As you see he's being held by a doll, it's because it's part of an inner event of Namopaimo, "Minis painting minis". I think it's a funny little event, so I decided to participate too. I hope to finish both of them in February, wish me luck Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2021 12:40 pm

Wow- firstly the top model is just stunning in every detail! Shocked cheers Applause Applause I am really looking forward to seeing this beauty painted, he will look stunning in a fiery chestnut colour! bounce
And the 1/64 scale horse! Shocked It is so tiny, and yet the details are still just as amazing as a much bigger horse model- I am so excited to see this painted too!Very Happy
Good luck- I'm sure you will win, because you are such a talented sculptor and painter! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2021 12:57 pm

Thanks so much, Lilias! I'm happy to hear that you like them, even before painting Smile
This event is not a competition, it's just a challenge for the extra motivation. It started because so many collectors have trouble with finishing their projects, and a deadline like that can help. So everyone with a finished model at the end of the month wins, and your finished work is your prize. You can get something extra, like stickers or medallions, sometimes other prizes, those are given by random because there are no placings Smile I think that's what I like most about this event, it's not competitive Very Happy
Other nice things about it are tutorials and tips, and of course, sharing progress with other people.

You can read much more about it on the blog of Jennifer, she's the mother of this lovely event. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2021 1:09 pm

I don't know this kind of horse but your sculpting is amazing! cheers cheers .. and your doll is very beautiful! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2021 1:40 pm

Ana wrote:
Thanks so much, Lilias! I'm happy to hear that you like them, even before painting Smile
This event is not a competition, it's just a challenge for the extra motivation. It started because so many collectors have trouble with finishing their projects, and a deadline like that can help. So everyone with a finished model at the end of the month wins, and your finished work is your prize. You can get something extra, like stickers or medallions, sometimes other prizes, those are given by random because there are no placings Smile I think that's what I like most about this event, it's not competitive Very Happy
Other nice things about it are tutorials and tips, and of course, sharing progress with other people.

You can read much more about it on the blog of Jennifer, she's the mother of this lovely event. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
That sounds wonderful! sunny It must be so nice to be able to paint for the fun of it, and sharing your progress with others without a competitive side! Very Happy And thank you so much for the link, it has so many useful sculpting tips! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2021 7:30 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2021 8:01 pm

SO exiting bounce cheers

You could call him Rosi Very Happy
It has absolutely nothing to do with roses, - it means somebody or -thing who/which goes forward and is hard to stop, like a river foaming down over a steep mountain.

Or Lubbi, - somebody with lots of hair. geek

Or Ljomi, - Shine, brightnes, name of a famous sword. ( Ljoma means ember, so it could fit a deep chestnut colour, but it is femininum) cherry

Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2021 10:26 am

Caracal wrote:
I don't know this kind of horse but your sculpting is amazing! cheers cheers .. and your doll is very beautiful!  Very Happy
Thank you! It's an Icelandic yearling. At this age horses can have funny proportions, so it may be difficult to even tell the breed.  Razz

And, thanks about the doll too! It's a customized Gracie from Galloping Galls. GG specialize in rider dolls for 1/9 horses. I've repainted her face because factory paintwork was too simplistic for my taste. Most of her clothes are handmade too.

widukind wrote:
cheers cheers cheers

sunny  sunny  sunny

SUSANNE wrote:
SO exiting bounce cheers

You could call him Rosi Very Happy
It has absolutely nothing to do with roses, - it means somebody or -thing who/which goes forward and is hard to stop, like a river foaming down over a steep mountain.

Or Lubbi, - somebody with lots of hair. geek

Or Ljomi, - Shine, brightnes, name of a famous sword. ( Ljoma means ember, so it could fit a deep chestnut colour, but it is femininum) cherry

Thank you, dear Susanne! How wonderful that you know Icelandic! Very Happy I'm so happy that you help me again! sunny
I think I like Lubbi the best, as this boy HAS a lot of hair, haha! Lubbi also reminds me of Polish word "lubi" which means "(he or she) likes (something)" Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 13, 2021 6:50 pm

Lubbi and his mini friend got a base coat Smile Next week will be time for shading, hopefully! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 13, 2021 7:21 pm

So exciting, painting has already begun! cheers cheers And the difference in size is amazing! Shocked
I'm really looking forward to seeing your process, and how you go from an amazing sculpture to the absolutely amazing finished result! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 12:46 pm

Thanks again Lilias Very Happy I'll post updates here, with a few words about the techniques I use too.
The base coat is just acrylic paint, few thin layers to get a flat color. The next step will be covering model in matte varnish (brand Dullcote), so it catches the pigment better. When it's dry I'll apply dry pigments (Panpastels) by a soft brush to create soft shading (hopefully!). Smile

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 1:09 pm

Ana wrote:
Thanks again Lilias Very Happy I'll post updates here, with a few words about the techniques I use too.
The base coat is just acrylic paint, few thin layers to get a flat color. The next step will be covering model in matte varnish (brand Dullcote), so it catches the pigment better. When it's dry I'll apply dry pigments (Panpastels) by a soft brush to create soft shading (hopefully!). Smile
So interesting! Shocked Definitely lots to learn from this, can't wait for more! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 3:32 pm

They will both look stunning!!
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 4:53 pm

Shanti wrote:
They will both look stunning!!

Thanks so much, Shanti for believing in that sunny

Today I have an update about Kitan Club cat D. And also Namopaimo update. The cat is finished, the horses need a lot more work.
Let's start with the photos of the kitty. I decided on a calico color for her. I had one such kitty as a kid and her name was Flora, she had the cutest character.  Smile I don't have any photos from that time so I just painted a calico kitty, not a portrait.

And Lubbi got some shading. I've used pastels (Pan pastels) for this effect. this is about 10 layers of pastels. After applying color with a brush you need to use varnish or fixative between every layer. And, seemingly I went too dark with the color on hindquarters and a bit too light on the belly, so I will still work on that. I will add about 3-4 layers to create more even color. When the coat color is ready I will work on the mane and tail.

Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 5:24 pm

Oh wow, that cat looks wonderful! We call these kind of
cats with three different colors "Lucky cat" (Glückskatze) in Germany. Very Happy

And Lubbies shading already promise a lot! A little horse with some character! Applause
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 5:27 pm

Stunning cat repaint and wonderful horse as well!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next