Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare

Go down 
+20
spacelab
pipsxlch
George
Jill
Burgerenby
Advicot
rogerpgvg
Shanti
A-J
lucky luke
costicuba
Taos
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
SUSANNE
widukind
Caracal
Kikimalou
Bonnie
Ana
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 9 EmptyMon 31 Oct 2022, 15:14

Thank you so much, Jolie! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 9 EmptyMon 31 Oct 2022, 20:32

Wonderful again,especially the Drum horse! Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 9 EmptyMon 31 Oct 2022, 20:45

Fantastic horses Anna, The 1/64 horses are really impressive, I know how tiny they are Applause

Alkonost is shining just like only Akhal Teke can be Very Happy

But, as Jolie, my heart belongs to Jealous of Roses cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 9 EmptyTue 01 Nov 2022, 00:06

Really nice jobs and I'm looking forward to see the diorama.
I listened the song, it is really distant from my likings but I got surprised with the cool chromatic chord progression after the "pause" and also great bass lines. Very Happy

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 9 EmptyTue 01 Nov 2022, 08:14

Thank you so much for your kind comments, friends! sunny

And thanks Rogerio for taking the time and listening to that song! Very Happy I wouldn't say it's my top favorite but I like it and the title was fitting. Smile Bibio is a one-person band and he creates a lot of different songs and never sticks to one genre. Which I like Wink

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 9 EmptyTue 01 Nov 2022, 08:17

Forgot to say I listened the song too Wink
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 9 EmptyTue 01 Nov 2022, 17:32

Ana wrote:

And a birthday gift for a friend, another M. Bennet sculpture.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

that is a beautiful Akhal Teke and I really like the silken colour on him Anna! Well done Anna.

and I've never seen such tiny and beautiful horses before - these M.Bennet sculptures are exquisite.

I really like both feet off the ground and your painting is very beautiful!
Congratulations on them all including your first large one :)

my favourite though is the present for your friend!! I LOVE it so much! those white socks are beautiful and the pose is perfect I love you
Such a lucky friend Very Happy
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 9 EmptyTue 01 Nov 2022, 17:55

So beautiful, the Akhal-Teke is one of my favourite breeds and this colour really is superb on him, it suits the sculpt and the breed and has a softness and subtlety, too. Sooty palominos and buckskins are so tricky to get right, the yellowness with the hint of dark mixed in is one of those things which works much more naturally in horse hair than when we try to copy it with paint, finding the right point between too brown and too grey is such a tricky thing.

The drum horse is gorgeous too, his markings are delicate and so realistic.
I think the US drum horses look a bit different to the UK ones the cavalry use at the moment, those are usually purebred Shire or Clydesdale now. I haven't been to meet them in person with my army friend for a few years cos of covid, but I've seen the drum horses out on tv for various ceremonial things, and even in these last couple of years they haven't added another piebald/skewbald partbred one since the retirement of dear old Spartacus (Sparky).

The American drum horse seems to be pushing heavily for the colour, from what I can tell the breeders' aim is to get the tobiano and thick feather of traditional cobs onto a full size draft type, which is just what Sparky and some of his predecessors were. So they're trying for the iconic 1990s/2000s drum horses which were famously pinto, rather than the current ones which are purebred draft and all sabino bay/black.

rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 9 EmptyTue 01 Nov 2022, 22:40

Amazing repaints. All of them, but Jealous of Roses is the star for me. I love the way you can almost see the individual black and white hairs in his mane. The jagged pinto patches are great too; lovely "droplet" of white on his left side.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 9 EmptyWed 02 Nov 2022, 06:36

Very very cool

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 9 EmptyTue 08 Nov 2022, 01:06

WOW Anna, I love them so much !
Amazing result with your tallented hands and these so beautiful models.
And of course with your wonderful photos !
Really well done cheers

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 9 EmptyTue 08 Nov 2022, 06:41

Thanks so much everyone! It makes me so happy to read your kind comments ☺

Sunny, I think this gift horse is secretly my favorite too 😁 He was a pleasure to paint.

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 9 EmptySat 12 Nov 2022, 17:37

These are absolutely stunning! cheers You have such an amazing talent for repainting, I could look at these horses for hours! drunken
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 9 EmptySat 12 Nov 2022, 19:48

Thank you so much 😄😄

Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 9 EmptyThu 17 Nov 2022, 11:50

I finished painting another horse yesterday. This one was such a troublemaker! I started him back in January in oils. But it wasn't a good idea, a color I struggle with, and a new technique, that was too much of a challenge. I decided I can probably finish him if I switch technique to my usual.

The oil paint had to dry for several months before I could apply the varnish and continue with my pastel+acrylics. So, this month I came back to this project and I was able to finish him.

Believe it or not, he is my first Lusitano in the collection (unpainted models not included)! And he's buckskin, one of my favorite colors. But NOT my favorite to paint! I had to correct his shade so many times, it was too yellowish, too pinkish, or generally too saturated, so I had to add multiple layers of pigments to tone it down Palmface

When the body color was right I struggled with the outlines of the mane because with such big contrast, every shake of hand results in a very visible shaky line Laughing
He kind of made me tired, but I'm glad to see him finished. And I like the end result so, yay! Very Happy
I'm looking for a Portuguese name for him, any suggestions? Very Happy

The model was sculpted by Josine Vingerling and called Encanto. I resculpted his head and neck (new nose profile, new eyes, ears, some other details) He's 1/10 or 1/9 scale.

Here with another Portuguese breed - Sorraia

And a close-up with a green leather halter  Smile

Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 9 EmptyThu 17 Nov 2022, 16:46

Goodness, he's gorgeous! You may have struggled with the colour (and I know that feeling, buckskins are one of my love/hate colours too - love the look of them, hate creating them Laughing ) but the finished horse looks wonderfully well done. I think the shade is just about right, golden without being brassy, cool without tending to grey, and the details like dappling and markings mean it doesn't have the flat look which can often happen with paler colours.
I'm amazed how big he is, I know you do paint all sizes but for some reason I thought he was going to be large Stablemate or that bigger 'mini' resin size I don't know the ratio for. All the more impressive to end up with such a soft and smooth finish on so much more horse!

Ana wrote:
When the body color was right I struggled with the outlines of the mane because with such big contrast, every shake of hand results in a very visible shaky line Laughing

I don't know if it helps at all (and it does feel silly offering advice when you're a much more advanced painter than me anyway! Laughing ) but for painting in the mane on those scary high-contrast colours, I have a tried and tested technique which takes away some of the fear and shaky-handedness and undoes any errors which aren't quite how I want them : lick the brush! Then touch the black paint so it soaks into just the wet tip of the hairs, hardly any, and have a bit of cloth or tissue to hand so that if the application of paint isn't exactly how you want it first time, you can blot the wet paint straight off and try again.
It seems to not stick to or stain the body colour as long as you use enough saliva (and yes it sounds gross but the texture is better than using actual water, there's a stickyness which means the paint is more translucent, lifts off easily, but isn't watery and flowing out of control Laughing) You do have to go over it with several layers cos of course the diluted paint doesn't cover so well, but I find it's well worth having that 'undo' option of easily being able to take back off any wonky mane outline which isn't exactly where I want it, it takes the worry out of doing those difficult edges.

Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 9 EmptyFri 18 Nov 2022, 13:41

Thank you, George! It's so nice to hear that you like him Smile And good to know I'm not the only one finding buckskin so difficult to paint Laughing

Thank you for the technical advice! It seems worth trying. I'm a bit afraid if it's safe though, my brushes are never perfectly clean, and pigments and acrylic mediums can be rather toxic. scratch But I'm tempted to try this method anyway Laughing

Oh no, I'm absolutely certain you are a more advanced painter than me, I saw all the difficult colors and patterns you painted and they were great. Many of these colors and patterns I wouldn't even dare to attempt!
As I see it, I'm primarily a sculptor and just an amateur at painting. Smile

I thought about the name, I checked the word "troublemaker" in Portuguese, and (google translate) says it's Encrenqueiro. Looks like it could be his name but maybe it sounds too negative? Dear [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  could you help? Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 9 EmptyFri 18 Nov 2022, 15:27

Encrenqueiro is a perfect translation to troublemaker.
The problem is that it is pure Brazilian Portuguese. We don't use this word in Portugal so it does not fit a Lusitano horse.
It could be perfect for a Campolina foal in an agitated pose.
I can't remember a perfect European Portuguese synonym.  Maybe tumultuoso (tumultuous) but it is more formal and collective.
but as the idea is that it was challenging to finish. You could use laboroso (laborious).  It means it required a lot of work.
It also reminds (not means) the word Alvoroço (agitation) which is what troublemakers cause, however, Alvoroço would work much better for a rearing Lusitano or at least in a more dynamic pose.
Regardless of the name you use, I'm completely enchanted (from Encanto), with this model, its sculpt and the way it is painted. It is a fantastic tribute to this wonderful Portuguese breed! cheers

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 9 EmptyFri 18 Nov 2022, 15:45

Thanks so much, Roger! Good that I asked then! Giving a Brazilian name to him wouldn't be correct.

I'm glad you approve of his looks too! It is a wonderful breed and I'm happy to finally have it represented in my collection Very Happy

As for his name, I feel like I could go with Laboroso. It's also easier to remember for me Laughing Thanks so much for your help! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 9 EmptyFri 18 Nov 2022, 15:52

I find this Portuguese horse very beautiful and I admire your work and your courage Anna. Applause
If this is your first Portuguese animal, I think Rogério Premier could be a good name. Crocodile
May I ask you something? Next time I would be happy to follow a "Making off" it would be so interresting bounce
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 9 EmptyFri 18 Nov 2022, 16:25

Applause Applause Applause Applause

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 9 EmptyFri 18 Nov 2022, 16:56

Thank you so much, Christophe, and Andreas! Very Happy

Christophe, this Lusitano is my second Portuguese horse, the first one was Sorraia. Basketball It's a nice name suggestion though, thank you!

I'll think about how to share my painting process. Usually, my hands are dirty from pigments when I work so it's not optimal for taking photos (I would feel sorry for my camera or phone Laughing ). But I will find a way Smile

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 9 EmptyFri 18 Nov 2022, 17:03

Palmface Forget Sorraia Laughing

Thank you for trying to find a solution cheers
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 9 EmptyFri 18 Nov 2022, 17:47

Ultimately, the colour has turned out to be great. I like buckskins too. The horse's face is very beautiful, you have done a good job resculpting it.

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 9 EmptyFri 18 Nov 2022, 19:30

He is GORGEOUS! Very nice work Ana!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next