Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Burger's Customs

Go down 
+23
Taos
Pardofelis
halichoeres
strawberry crocodile
sunny
spacelab
Jill
George
goatherder
lucky luke
pipsxlch
Kikimalou
A-J
Ana
Roger
costicuba
Caracal
Advicot
widukind
Saarlooswolfhound
Bonnie
SUSANNE
Burgerenby
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

Country/State : Deutschland

Burger's Customs - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 7 EmptyMon May 31, 2021 11:18 am

spacelab wrote:
Hehe, it was not a compliment, just an observation. Your style seems to me kind of dark and experimental, also you improvise with different stuff and materials, so...  It's like making melodies out of anything you can hit on, so I can't find a better match than the "old-school industrial" in the vein of early Einstürzende Neubauten. Not the computerized metronomic electro-industrial stuff. That's different.

A tarsier out of a frog. Yes!

Oh, I can see that.
I saw someone on YouTube once use cables to create quills for a figure and I was wondering if I could use something similar for the tarsier's tail as I wanted something that was more flexible and couldn't break.
Alternatively I could have solved this by having it permanently on a base where the tail is also supported by it but then the "Bully handpainted" stamp on the underside wouldn't be visible anymore and I wanted to keep that as it might be cute.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 7 EmptyMon May 31, 2021 2:54 pm

Using a frog to turn into a tarsier is something really surprising and only possible from a very observantn person. I am sure you didn't find inspiration on fairy tales or novels where frogs are transformed into primates with a single kiss. My favorite transformation was from Princess Tiana but it seems I will have a new favorite.

Burgerenby

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 7 EmptyMon May 31, 2021 8:50 pm

Eyelids added now, I might give it ears tomorrow.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2021 4:52 am

Wow- what an exciting project, I can't wait to see more! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2021 6:27 am

I love the expression of disbelief on the bushbaby's face Laughing

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2021 10:23 am

Excellent idea! Using the frog you get those characteristic toe pads whithout having to sculpt them yourself. Can't wait to see more!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 7 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2021 12:00 pm

First time I sculpted a bit more than a slight alteration so it is far from good but here is the result of the attempt, the Philippine tarsier that I created from a Bullyland frog.

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 7 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2021 12:04 pm

Oh my goodness it turned out so great! What a great idea and you not only pulled it off but it looks awesome.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 7 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2021 12:04 pm

Applause Applause Applause

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 7 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2021 12:10 pm

What a great transformation! Super impressive! Wonderful work again, congrats! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2021 3:47 am

Very Happy Applause cheers jocolor
Back to top Go down
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2021 3:53 am

Thank you everyone, I now finished the other animal I teased in the work in progress images, a Philippine eagle.

Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2021 3:59 am

I'm flabbergasted! Shocked Shocked Shocked affraid affraid affraid I love you I love you I love you
The work on that frog is just stupendous! And now a Philippine eagle, golly Shocked

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2021 4:48 am

These are beautiful, you have such a talent for realistic colours and there are so many expertly blended into these two latest models! Very Happy It makes them look alive! cheers
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2021 5:30 am

I'm speechless!!!! That's the heaviest custom ever done to a figure in the whole history of the forum!

Also, the Philippine eagle, one of my most favourite raptors of the world, is really very well done!

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2021 8:40 am

Excellent both!
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2021 5:41 pm

Shocked Very Happy drunken Stunning metamorphosis!! cheers cheers Applause
Back to top Go down
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 9:53 pm

I'm not motivated yet to continue this but at least it's primed now.

Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:05 pm

First of all, turning a frog into a tarsier is just . . . creative genius!! Plus it looks awesome, and kind of fierce, which is not usually how I see a tarsier. The Philippine eagle is also beautiful, your sculpture work is so seamless with the original models and improves them so much. Combine with the loose brushwork and attention to patterning and details, they look so real!

And personally I like the dinosaurs look awesome in solid black. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 12, 2021 12:30 am

Thank you, yeah I suppose they have a certain elegance in this minimalist form but I'll make them flashier at some point, just too lazy to paint big figures at the moment and not feeling well in general.
I did however paint something over night, I'll take photos of that when the sun is up.
Back to top Go down
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 12, 2021 1:11 am

It's cloudy today so I won't get any better lighting (but also I'm very glad it's not as sunny as on the other days, otherwise I wouldn't want to get groceries today).

I painted a Mojö spotted hyena for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 12, 2021 2:35 am

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 12, 2021 7:47 am

Looks like cheetah and hyena are measuring each other and dilucidating if it's better to fight or to flee.

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 12, 2021 11:27 am

Big improvement on this Mojo hyaena! cheers cheers Applause
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 12, 2021 1:45 pm

Beautiful repaint, with such realistic colours! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Burger's Customs
Page 7 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next