Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Name-A-Model topic

Go down 
+29
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin
googie212
JonasV
SUSANNE
Roger
LeeAnn
Wilorvise
DaveScriv
Ladytilly
Gwaine
krista
Saien
Cyhyraeth
Carola
Katty
CharolaisStudios
Ponylover2606
castlerigg
ReinbowSchleich
A-J
Mastiffcat
Saarlooswolfhound
AlopexLagopus
Ana
koniminiatures
TheLastStardust
Suebeedo
Sergey
Sumo
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Katty

Katty

Country/State : New Zealand

The Name-A-Model topic - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Name-A-Model topic   The Name-A-Model topic - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 2:44 am

I have a new cat. He keeps walking on my computer. It's annoying the hell out of me. His name is Kimble. Would that name suit your tiger or any of your lemurs?

Sumo

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: The Name-A-Model topic   The Name-A-Model topic - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 10:31 am

Hm, that is a very lemury name... Laughing

http://www.askabiologist.org.uk/

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/tetrapod-zoology/

http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: The Name-A-Model topic   The Name-A-Model topic - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 1:10 am

If I ever name animals/figurines, it's usually based on their looks. I once had a rabbit, and the day I chose him among his siblings, he was the fattest/most fluffy, therefore I named him Obelix Very Happy (Even though the seller said, his breed will only be like four years, he lived for almost ten years and passed away in '07 Sad )
Back to top Go down
http://www.carolafunder.dk
Cyhyraeth

Cyhyraeth

Country/State : Russian Federation

PostSubject: Re: The Name-A-Model topic   The Name-A-Model topic - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 4:18 am

I also name models) Not all, but most of them have their names. Sometimes they get their names because they look like some characters from films/books/games, etc, sometimes.. well, you just look at them and want them to be named somehow)

Saien

Country/State : Slovakia

PostSubject: Re: The Name-A-Model topic   The Name-A-Model topic - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 10:39 am

I have more than 250 animal figures and all of them have names. They are like my childs jocolor Very Happy Laughing I love you I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
krista

krista

Country/State : finland

PostSubject: Re: The Name-A-Model topic   The Name-A-Model topic - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 2:28 pm

Only a few of my figures have names...
I don't know why I name only some of them, because they aren't necessarily any more special than the others...

Most of my named animals are dinosaurs, because I collected them first.

Gwaine

Gwaine

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Names Topic   The Name-A-Model topic - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 7:35 am

So, I'd like to know how creative my fellow schleich collectors are with names.

I myself take a lot of my names from Books and tv. These are mainly:

Game of Thrones, Tolkien, Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts and Supernatural

But I also got some of my own names up my sleeve: BamBam, BLACKSTORM VON PENDRAGON, Calimero, Dark Thunder, Demoon, Dottie, Dreamcatcher, Evelientje, Ghost, Gozer, ICEDUST VON PENDRAGON, Macho, Pablo, Nana, Pipo, Rakker, Rambo, Renzo, Salinero, Senna, Fina, Spirit, Stardust, Ukkie, Ustin, Vindur, White Price, Wild Thorn, Diacon

What names do you give your schleichy friends?

Papo: 82
Safari: 150
Mojo fun: 23
Playmobil: 117
Other: 288
~
schleich count: 1222
~
Total: 2156

My DeviantArt: http://tezzieh.deviantart.com/
My Twitter: @Tezzieh
My Instagram: tessa.b.storm
Back to top Go down
https://www.patreon.com/mrsaugustwalker
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The Name-A-Model topic   The Name-A-Model topic - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 7:52 am

Some of mine have their name from the people I got them from :-D

Gwaine

Gwaine

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The Name-A-Model topic   The Name-A-Model topic - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 7:54 am

That is a nice thing, lets hear some!

Papo: 82
Safari: 150
Mojo fun: 23
Playmobil: 117
Other: 288
~
schleich count: 1222
~
Total: 2156

My DeviantArt: http://tezzieh.deviantart.com/
My Twitter: @Tezzieh
My Instagram: tessa.b.storm
Back to top Go down
https://www.patreon.com/mrsaugustwalker
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Name-A-Model topic   The Name-A-Model topic - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 1:49 pm

Gwaine, I moved and merged your topic with a previous one about the same subject. You'll see that you're not the only one giving names to your figures. I have a Breyer donkey called Jeremias and Susanne has a custom donkey with the same name. Laughing

Ladytilly

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: The Name-A-Model topic   The Name-A-Model topic - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 5:24 am

All my Schleich horses have names!
So far:

Arab stallion - Brownie
Arab mare - Zara
Arab foal - Otto
Dartmoor stallion - Chester
Dartmoor mare -Tilly
Dartmoor foal - Poppy
Knabstrupper stallion -Hercules
Knabstrupper mare - Lady Epona
Knabstrupper suckling foal - Tiger (because he's spotted. Yes, I'm hilarious.)
Shetland mare - Pixie
Lusitano gelding - Dante

I have a couple of unnamed Schleich dogs, but my mixed breed one is called Timmy!
Back to top Go down
DaveScriv

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: The Name-A-Model topic   The Name-A-Model topic - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 6:35 am

Me naming model animals? No!

I don't even name my real live pets, pigeons and bantams.
They have leg ring numbers, that's enough for me.
I'm almost tempted to give names to a particularly tame pair (out of about 40) of my pigeons, and a stray racing pigeon who has more or less lived here for a few years, who I call 'Matey', when he flies in for breakfast, lunch, supper and in between snacks. In summer, when I have my patio door/window open, he walks indoors and 'asks' for food, which I guess means he's tamer than my 'proper' pet pigeons.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Naming figures fun    The Name-A-Model topic - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 8:57 pm

Sometimes you take one look at a figure and a suitable name just pops into your head Very Happy  Sometimes though, it can be quite tough. I have heaps of unamed figures.
Would you like to help me name them?
We shell look at one at a time Very Happy

I will also show you my named figures, I hope you like them Very Happy

First up is Mick the park ranger (my brother brought and named this one before giving him to me)
responsible for looking after the safari park

The Name-A-Model topic - Page 2 100_8551_zps9882aac9

And this guy who doesn't have a name yet! Sad 

The Name-A-Model topic - Page 2 100_8597_zps9a031e97

Have fun! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: The Name-A-Model topic   The Name-A-Model topic - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 9:13 pm

Jebediah?
maybe Rover for the buffalo?

PostSubject: Re: The Name-A-Model topic   The Name-A-Model topic - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 9:27 pm

Very sorry if you didn't understand me,  Embarassed the park ranger has a name- Mick- but the buffalo doesn't have a name yet. I'm going through all my animals to check which ones have names and which ones don't Very Happy
I thought that you would like to see the ones that have names as well as the ones that don't drunken for inspiration I guess scratch
Anyway that is a good name, I like it Very Happy
Now for the next one...
scratch

the buffalo calf doesn't have a name 

The Name-A-Model topic - Page 2 100_8608_zps55c8108f

I simply cannot figure out how to downsize these pictures confused I've tried the insert an image icon but it doesn't work scratch
Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: The Name-A-Model topic   The Name-A-Model topic - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 10:19 pm

did you specify width/height?

My apologies, I just assumed you were renaming Mick... or maybe I didn't read what you wrote very closely?

Oranoko?

PostSubject: Re: The Name-A-Model topic   The Name-A-Model topic - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 10:42 pm

Yes I did specify the width and height but it just entered a blank image confused  
No worries Very Happy Oranoko is an interesting name, I will give it some thought scratch Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Name-A-Model topic   The Name-A-Model topic - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 3:09 am

I have a feeling that I am going to confuse everyone by including the named figures as well as the unnamed figures so I will just show the ones that have not been named Very Happy

The Name-A-Model topic - Page 2 100_8557_zpsc871e40e

The really annoying thing is that for some reason I cannot resize my photos from photobucket but I seem to be able to resize an image from google images confused scratch
This rhino female needs a name Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: The Name-A-Model topic   The Name-A-Model topic - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 6:48 am

I use GIMP to resize my photos, it's very easy to use and you can overwrite the new size over the old one.

On topic with naming, I don't name my figures, but I do name the model horses I show. Most have unusual names, I think these have better ring as a show name than a simple one-part name. Here is the link to download GIMP, if you decide to go with it and need help with any of it please ask me.

Here are a few examples of my favorite names:
(Original release name listed first, new show name listed after)
Windtalker: I will if I Want
Valentine: Wishful Thinking
Holiday on Parade: Instant Replay

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Name-A-Model topic   The Name-A-Model topic - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 9:31 am

I love to give name to figures, my figures have all names and I know them from memmory. Though, I only enjoy to suggest names when it is a horse. Very Happy
About resizing a picture on forum, not all codes work correctly with sizing tags, that's the reason why it works from certain sources and not from others. Though, it is not recomended that you resize them on forum because the full image will be loaded and it can turn the system slow to members with narrow or slow Internet services. Very Happy
So, LeeAnn suggestion is the best, try to resize them on your computer before posting on forum. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The Name-A-Model topic   The Name-A-Model topic - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 9:55 am

What about calling the rhino OTTO ? Very Happy

We have a children's book in Danish, called "Otto er et næsehorn", - Otto is a rhino . There has been made both a film and a song about Otto the Rhino https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_A1JfmSEl8 Laughing Laughing

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Name-A-Model topic   The Name-A-Model topic - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 10:01 am

SUSANNE wrote:

We have a children's book in Danish, called "Otto er et næsehorn", - Otto is a rhino . There has been made both a film and a song about Otto the Rhino https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_A1JfmSEl8 Laughing Laughing

Oto-rhino-laryngologi! Laughing

PostSubject: Re: The Name-A-Model topic   The Name-A-Model topic - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 2:07 am

SUSANNE wrote:

Unfortunately the uploader has not made this video available to my country Crying or Very sad So I cannot watch it, but thanks for the link Very Happy
I like the name Otto.

Now for the calf

The Name-A-Model topic - Page 2 100_8562_zpse5b388aa
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: The Name-A-Model topic   The Name-A-Model topic - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 6:36 am

SUSANNE wrote:

Haha Otto is a Finnish male name Laughing Laughing Very Happy Well not that popular anymore lol!

Emma, I'm so bad naming someone's other animals Very Happy Sorry xD

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. I love you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Name-A-Model topic   The Name-A-Model topic - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 4:12 pm

I am thinking Keto after the Auckland rhino baby on a television series that I saw a long time ago. I am not sure how they spell it, he was pronounced Kee-toe scratch

Jonas wrote:
Emma, I'm so bad naming someone's other animals The Name-A-Model topic - Page 2 Icon_biggrin Sorry xD

No worries  Very Happy Sometimes I get lucky, I wouldn't have thought of Otto by myself or Oranoko Rolling Eyes

Now for the mandrills bounce

The Name-A-Model topic - Page 2 100_8851_zps61ee026d
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Name-A-Model topic   The Name-A-Model topic - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Name-A-Model topic
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next