Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?

Go down 
+4
George
WhiteLightning Wolf
Taos
Bonnie
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

9 - Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?    9 - Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?  - Page 2 EmptySat May 15, 2021 2:03 am

Oh, I feel very under qualified to guess, but here is how I have them divided until more information appears (based mainly on the photo of the catalouge):

"Play Visions" Mini Cats
1 Domestic Shorthair - dark tabby
2 Rex - yellow
4 Burmese - black
10 Somali - yellow
11 Himalayan - black and white

"Cats to Go"
1 Domestic Shorthair - yellow tabby
4 Burmese - brown
5 Siamese - seal point
6 Manx - calico
7 Abyssinian - red (I have reason to wonder if this cat should be in the other group, but I might know better when my next package arrives!)
8 Birman - brown

All of mine have both a number and China (as well as breed). Only the newest knock-off above only has China and no number or breed.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?    9 - Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?  - Page 2 EmptySat May 15, 2021 2:11 pm

Last night I sorted all these cats according with your post.
Oh, I was seeing cats everywhere, i think I even had nightmares with them and I dreamed a black cat was crossing my path and I feared something bad would happen. Fortunately, it was dark brown instead and I told the cat to go. Laughing

Could you please check if I got it right?
- Play Visions Mini Cats
- Club Earth Cats To Go

... and those marked CHINA only are at the bottom of this page until we figure it out.

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?    9 - Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?  - Page 2 EmptySat May 15, 2021 4:25 pm

That looks good to me! Thank you! :) Now you can rest easy at night and maybe the cats will leave you alone . . . for now. Cool

Is the Siamese on the Unknown page because we haven't gotten a confirmation that it has the breed and number yet? Because it definitely looks like the one on the catalogue.

Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?    9 - Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?  - Page 2 EmptySat May 15, 2021 4:55 pm

I'm glad it's not just me who dreams about sorting models after too long spent organising photos or shelves Laughing

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?    9 - Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?  - Page 2 EmptySat May 15, 2021 4:57 pm

Jill wrote:
That looks good to me! Thank you! :) Now you can rest easy at night and maybe the cats will leave you alone . . . for now. Cool

Is the Siamese on the Unknown page because we haven't gotten a confirmation that it has the breed and number yet? Because it definitely looks like the one on the catalogue.

I have fun sorting these cats. We don't have any set showing how each brand marked them. So, for now, I am listing those marked that match the catalogue as Play Visions and the other also marked but that do not match the catalogue picture as Club Earth. Those marked as China as Unknown Maker but it can change. For now I am sorting according with your observations because they make sense. At least they allow us to sort things and it will turn everything easier if we find an official source.
There's the chance that the unmarked are Club Earth because they have corresponding superminis as we can see in this topic. - in the same topic Susanne confirm's her Siamese cat is just marked CHINA.
We can still see a marked Birman Cat from @Tarunyada that she identifies as Club Earth but it might be conjectural.

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?    9 - Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?  - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2021 1:48 am

Roger wrote:

There's the chance that the unmarked are Club Earth because they have corresponding superminis as we can see in this topic. - in the same topic Susanne confirm's her Siamese cat is just marked CHINA.
Oh okay, I see! I thought she meant marked with China and no brand (but maybe a breed, unmentioned in that thread since it was a discussion of brand) and not ONLY China and nothing else . . . interesting in any case! Thanks!

I do think it's strange that I have super minis that match cats from both "sets" . . . that's a mystery I hope gets solved someday.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?    9 - Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?  - Page 2 EmptyTue May 18, 2021 2:35 pm

Jill wrote:
Roger wrote:

Oh okay, I see! I thought she meant marked with China and no brand (but maybe a breed, unmentioned in that thread since it was a discussion of brand) and not ONLY China and nothing else . . . interesting in any case! Thanks!

I do think it's strange that I have super minis that match cats from both "sets" . . . that's a mystery I hope gets solved someday.

Laughing Sorting these models is a true challenge but at least now they have a story to tell and not just random China models anymore.

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?    9 - Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?  - Page 2 EmptyThu May 20, 2021 1:20 am

Here are a few more little cat challenges! Well, the first one is easy:

12 Angora - I think very clearly part of the Play Visions Minis set.
9 - Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?  - Page 2 186452046_764996704204484_4805798626160422483_n

But then I got another Abyssinian that I thought would prove just to be my third of the same . . . but I think in fact it has a different paint job. Very subtle, but all Abyssinian cats are pretty much the same color, so I wouldn't expect to necessarily see a wide variety if they were sort of thinking of the breed.

The newest one is on the far left. To me it has a more light on the top/dark on the bottom brown-red color than the other two, which are more red and have dark shoulders, legs and tail and brighter red bodies. Still, all three are just a little different. Maybe not everyone will agree with my conclusion!
9 - Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?  - Page 2 186255480_763880254326512_2176542358583611650_n

So that made me wonder, which one is part of the Play Visions set, if either? Since that is the only one we have a picture for.  The one in the PV catalogue looks very like the middle cat, with one difference - it has a white muzzle.
9 - Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?  - Page 2 Screen-Shot-2021-05-19-at-7-16-30-PM

But we know the Himalayan has a gray paint job instead of black that covers less throughly, and the horses and wildlife both have wide ranges of color variations (which are just heavy or light paint application mostly I think). So is it possible the light gray around the mouth of the cats is the real-life equivalent of the maybe-prototype photo?
9 - Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?  - Page 2 186888995_783214722396134_997411819990132569_n

I'm not sure! For now, in my own head, I'm putting the first Abyssinian with the redder coat in the Play Visions set, and I'm putting the new Abyssinian with the browner coat in the "other" set. That might be completely wrong, but until we see one with a white muzzle, I don't know how to tell for sure.

Here's the new one by itself!
9 - Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?  - Page 2 186532422_519956739415113_7235397563438236805_n
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?    9 - Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?  - Page 2 EmptyThu May 20, 2021 2:51 pm

Variations are expected even in the same brand among different sets.
In my opinion, the new cat seems different enough from the other two and likely the newer is from a brand while the other two are from the same brand but different sets. Just speculation.
I added the Angora to the Play Visions Mini Cats.
What do you suggest with the Abysinian, should I move the one listed on TAW as Club Earth to the Play Visions set and adding this new to the Club Earth set?

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?    9 - Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?  - Page 2 EmptyThu May 20, 2021 5:49 pm

Thank you!

Roger wrote:

What do you suggest with the Abysinian, should I move the one listed on TAW as Club Earth to the Play Visions set and adding this new to the Club Earth set?
That's how I'm thinking of it for now, but I'm not sure if I've presented enough evidence for that to be how it is on TAW or not. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?    9 - Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?  - Page 2 EmptyThu May 20, 2021 6:28 pm

Jill wrote:
Thank you!

Roger wrote:

That's how I'm thinking of it for now, but I'm not sure if I've presented enough evidence for that to be how it is on TAW or not. Laughing

We will only know when a complete branded set is found. For now, I think it is a good idea to use this strategy of listing those similar to the catalogue page as PV and the other models as CE.

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?    9 - Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?  - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 05, 2021 12:02 am

Here is another for the Club Earth set, as it does not match the Play Visions picture (and we already have the Himalayan for that set). I now have seven from each set. :) 10 more total to go (maybe)!

11 Himalayan
9 - Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?  - Page 2 191497727-2933929240169268-7831326211706685357-n
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?    9 - Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?  - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 05, 2021 12:17 am

It looks like a game and now there's a draw between Clube Earth and Play Visions. Laughing
I added your new cat to the Clube Eart Cats to Go series.
I don't know if you noticed but apparently @Babdo found the missing Toy Major 1997 Mare. scratch

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?    9 - Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?  - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 05, 2021 12:22 am

The race is on!

(I hadn't, I'll go check it out, thanks! I'm behind on threads this week and the "unread" messages got out of hand. Laughing )
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?    9 - Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 9:47 pm

Very excited about the package today! It had two brand new cats to me, one of whom has created another little mystery.

First is the 23 CAT from the farm set on the Play Visions catalogue
9 - Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?  - Page 2 194463270-160638742632212-3131047368908740840-n

And second is another from the Play Visions catalogue. I thought it was the Birman mold from the photo, but turns out it's a Persian, one I didn't have an example of until now.

9 Persian
9 - Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?  - Page 2 194463267-470179847417697-1165048596045455456-n

The persian is a little mystery mainly because that seems to mean there isn't a Birman in the Play Visions set at all, based on the photo. But there are 12 cats pictured and only one missing number now (3), so . . . are there 13 molds? Seems to suggest the 23 Cat is actually not part of the original 12 cat set, but was for some reason used instead of the Birman. Who knows! Hopefully I will, someday! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?    9 - Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 10:22 pm

First congratulations for finding two more cats. I added them just now on TAW.
though, I am not sure I am understanding the mistery now.
Isn't that PV Persian 9 the same mould as the Club Earth Birman 8?
If the PV Farm 23 cat is the same size as the others, it wouldn't surprise me if it was used in one of these series as a British Blue or so.

9 - Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?  - Page 2 CE-cat8-Birman-Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?    9 - Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 10:31 pm

The Birman and the Persian are extremely similar but definitely different, which is why I was confused by the photo. The easiest difference to see is the tail, and you can tell best from above:

9 - Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?  - Page 2 195670980-549099759850087-3292651493361907051-n

The mystery to me is mainly - why use the Farm Cat mold instead of the Birman mold in the set of 12 when it clearly is a part of that set? And then, where does the brown Birman go?

I also know (though they haven't arrived yet) that there is yet another Birman and Persian out there. I had great luck this week with these cats, it's like everyone decided to sell theirs at the same time. I would have said I think the brown Birman is part of the PV set and the one coming in the mail is the CE set (due to the paint jobs), but there is no Birman pictured in the PV catalogue. We'll see when the rest of the cats arrive!

The Farm Cat is the same size. Actually, just a tiny, tiny bit smaller, but not enough to matter I think in a set, but maybe enough to suggest it was created for the farm and not set of 12. It looks like from the photo they used the Farm Cat mold colored yellow in the PV set, rather than a Birman. I hope to find that one someday to see if they changed the stamp to something other than 23 Cat . . .
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?    9 - Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 11:36 pm

Oh, now that you tell I can see the dark cat has a thicker tail and it can be seen even from the pictures you provided before. About the mistery, I think I will wait for you to check these figures you're receiving before performing any changes on TAW. Then, I will follow your guidelines. Laughing

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?    9 - Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2021 1:04 am

That's a good idea, maybe some more people will decide to turn out their collections this week, too and I can finish it all up. Laughing cat
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?    9 - Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 12:34 am

WHAT an exciting mail day today in the world of tiny obscure plastic cats. Laughing I got two packages that were just cats, and while some of them were duplicates, most them were not, and several of them made things even LESS clear than before. Wink

First, the easy ones:

The new 12 Angora. I thought it would be a duplicate of the first one, but it isn't, it's a different paint job despite being a white cat. Since Angora cats are white, that makes sense. Based on the Play Visions photo, this new one belongs to the Club Earth set and the old one stays where it is.
9 - Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?  - Page 2 196322168-577173569938151-1484591315887374503-n

Here they are beside each other, Club Earth on the left and her poor wall-eyed Play Visions sister on the right. Razz
9 - Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?  - Page 2 196585943-867534387205240-6962956358793096682-n

Next, the new 9 Persian. Part of the Club Earth set, based on paint job.
9 - Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?  - Page 2 198714009-783431772533143-6753529503377649592-n

And lastly, one that is easier itself but starts to create another problem. The new 8 Birman. Because this one is painted the color of an actual Birman cat, and matches the seal point coloration of both the Siamese and Himalayan from the "Club Earth" set, I propose that this one also belongs to the Club Earth set.
9 - Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?  - Page 2 196839507_896395324271895_5135912351048594578_n

But that leaves the unanswered question . . . what about the brown Birman? It isn't pictured on the Play Visions page, and if it were included in that set that would make 13 (and the catalogue actually lists the set as 12). So, it appears homeless. My proposal is that it be included on the Play Visions anyway - it matches that set better. Further evidence is that it has a Micro Mini to match. This always confused me, because the Micro Mini set matches the Play Visions set, so far, except that one. But if this one actually IS part of the set, then . . . there you go. But I'm good with whatever the editors think would be a good approach!
9 - Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?  - Page 2 Birman_2

(Interestingly, the cat in the photo that's in the same mold as the Farm Cat 23 does NOT have a micro mini in the cat set. Did the Birman possibly replace the yellow Farm Cat?)

Now, on to the weird ones.

The new 7 Abyssinian. It has a few things going on. 1) It's a very distinctly different color from the other two examples I have, making a possible third coloration, But 2) It actually had the "white" muzzle from the catalogue page. This means I am not sure if it is just a paint color variation of the Play Visions, or if it is something else altogether.
9 - Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?  - Page 2 198889315-177730371024986-2651492843935169820-n

It's in the lower left. It's body color really doesn't look a lot like the Play Visions photo. If anything, I lean more toward it being a variation of the Club Earth, but it is oranger for sure. I'm not sure what to say about these.  
9 - Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?  - Page 2 196650243-986076028888513-349180674503426302-n

And then THIS guy. He looks like the other one I got that was marked only CHINA . . . and turns out, he is ALSO marked CHINA but with a 3, and when I went back and checked the other, it also had a 3. So I think they are the missing number 3, but they are not given a breed. Why? Why leave that off when the whole set has a breed except this one? Who knows.  
9 - Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?  - Page 2 196789983-261799575694298-6093451983737161895-n

Furthermore, when compared to the other two, are they from the same set? Are they different enough to think maybe the new one is from the other set? None of them look as dark as the one in Play Visions, but then, most of them aren't. So I would guess the greener one is the Play Visions (because they are painted less realistically), but I can't decide if the solid gray one is just a variation of the gray and green one, of if it was in the Club Earth set as possibly a Russian Blue or something. Again, I am not sure WHAT to recommend with these. If anything, I'd maybe lean toward putting the new one that's more gray in Club Earth and the old one that's more green in Play Visions, but really, what the editors think . . .
9 - Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?  - Page 2 195800404-495292784916912-9063865996501756943-n9 - Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?  - Page 2 199200595-181233050600150-7033742228271631484-n

EDIT: Thinking about it more, the new one that's solid gray came with cats that exclusively seem to be from the "Club Earth" set, while the first two green ones I got came with Play Visions cats, and while I know that's far from definitive since people could have gotten their cats from anywhere and mixed them up, it does seem to at least support my theory.

Any second opinions are welcome, I know these are not models most people are very invested in, but if anyone passing through has a thought, I'd love to hear it. Very Happy

Last edited by Jill on Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:26 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?    9 - Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 1:23 am

And just because I think it's neat, here they are with their Minis. The two minis without counterparts on the top row are the Siamese that we have a photo of from Suzanne and the Manx that I have seen in several places, just haven't gotten my hands on.

9 - Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?  - Page 2 197246771-208817101063397-2075786916483659454-n-1
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?    9 - Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 2:01 am

Oh gosh, I forgot one!! I've had such a long day, haha.

Super straightforward, it's just 2 Rex that belongs to the Club Earth group!
9 - Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?  - Page 2 196267769_559452808762911_647243512039413704_n
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?    9 - Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 1:36 pm

Again, I wished our mini lovers were more active in this thread but you're doing a fantastic work sorting these cats.
The yellow farm cat is a kind of peculiar thing about the Play Visions set and if it ever existed, it may be an identifying feature of this particular set.
It could be a decision based in the fact that #8 and #9 offered by the manufacturer are so alike, thus Play Visions prefered a different color version of the Farm #23 instead of two alike cats in the same series. But it is hard to tell.
Thus, I followed your suggestion and now the #8 on Play Visions set is the Brown Birman and the newer one is on Club Earth set. I added a note on PV Birman page and listing like that allows us to present different pages to two very different versions.
About the Abysinian, I haven't listed it yet and I surely don't have an opinion about it. Laughing
The fact you've found the unmarked is #3 gives to me the perception that it is really from these sets. Why is it not marked with a breed I don't know.
I listed it as a British Shorthair but the green eyes are consistent with the Russian blue so I will fix it and put a note they're not identified.
Please could you check if I placed these #3 cats correctly?
Susanne's Siamese deserved to be revisited. Wink
Oh, you're close from completing your series. I believe you're having fun and that's the most important when we enjoy collecting these figures regardless of their collecting value.

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?    9 - Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 3:43 pm

Jill wrote:
I know these are not models most people are very invested in, but if anyone passing through has a thought, I'd love to hear it. Very Happy

I'm loving these updates, even though I have nothing useful to contribute regarding sorting and cataloguing their various mysteries (they're not what I collect or have ever happened across by accident, I know nothing about these brands except what I've read here as you figure it out). I always enjoy opening the topics to see the latest developments in Jill's tiny plastic cat saga Laughing I think the fact there's a certain amount to find, investigate, and tick off, makes the collectability side fascinating - despite them being so far from what I buy myself I can fully understand why you're addicted to the acquisition and understanding of all these cats...and dogs...and horses...

Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?    9 - Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 8:19 pm

What a wonderful selection of new cats, and they look so sweet with their mini versions! sunny I love you
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?    9 - Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next