Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare

Go down 
+20
spacelab
pipsxlch
George
Jill
Burgerenby
Advicot
rogerpgvg
Shanti
A-J
lucky luke
costicuba
Taos
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
SUSANNE
widukind
Caracal
Kikimalou
Bonnie
Ana
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2020 8:50 pm

Stunning models!!!! Applause Applause Applause Applause

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2020 9:26 pm

wonderful repaint on so little replicas! cheers cheers Applause
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 12, 2020 2:15 am

Love the tiny Shetland and looking forward to see other cats after the hhorses. Wink

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 12, 2020 2:18 am

Roger wrote:
Laughing Now the rest of the story once I want you to know how sophisticated macaque’s jokes are. Harriet, the tortoise, was supposedly collected by the famous English Naturalist Charles Darwin, the man who was brave enough to say that humans and macaques have a common ancestor. The funny part is that the boat Darwin used for his expedictions, was a boat called Beagle! cheers

Crocopedia spoke cheers Laughing I agree you can take more popcorn Wink

Ana wrote:
So, it's time to add horse and ponies repaints to this thread. I've repainted a bunch of them in the last two years.
It was hard to decide in what order to present them here, so I decided it would be by scale, starting from the smallest - the so called Micro Minis. Micro minis are usually between 1/64 and 1/50. I don't even collect this scale but somehow they keep appearing in my collection Laughing

Small but gorgeous Cool those aren’t huge or spectacular but absolutely delicate and exquisite I love you I love your work. Those two tiny jewels give me the same feeling than your Nyala: Happiness Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 12, 2020 3:57 pm

Thank you so much for your kind comments Bonnie, Kosta, Taylor, Christophe, Alain, and Roger!

Kosta, thanks so much! I don't know what to say, you're too kind! I'm happy to be back, this forum is just the kindest and most supportive place on the internet I love you

Christophe, I'm happy to hear you like the small horses Very Happy

Roger, yes, the cats will come too cat Any color ideas? I was considering calico for one of them. I think maybe I'd be able to paint them during Christmas or just after, I usually have time for fun projects then! As for now, I'll continue with showing my horses Laughing

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 12, 2020 6:58 pm

Calico calico like my cat Melodie cheers
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 1:29 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Calico calico like my cat Melodie cheers

Okay, one will be calico Very Happy And yay, I didn't know you have a cat! cat

The next bunch of photos are horse models in scales SM (1:32), LB (1:18), and anything in between Very Happy

The first one is Lola, a quarter horse mare sculpted by Josine Vingerling. I painted her in a grulla color (black based dun). In my collection her name is Jenny be Goode  Very Happy  
The scale is around 1/25, so smaller than schleich horses but bigger than brayer stablemates.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here in a western tack set made by Julia of Silver Stallion Saddlery.  

The next one is in real stablemates scale (1/32) it's a resin called Mini Cromwell. I think I might have shown him already in the past but I'm not sure? In my collection his name is Old Man of Hoy. It's a CLydesdale horse I painted black sabino.

Another one is a welsh pony called Auron sculpted by Kim Murray of Capital Equestrian studio. He's around 1/20 scale, like schleich horses. I painted mine in bay color. In my collection his name is Freak Magnet.

I've also painted one Auron for Noemi Very Happy This one is a buckskin.

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 2:04 pm

Oh WOW what beauties!! Shocked Applause Very Happy cheers
Not only are the sculpts amazing, but your painting brings them to life- I'm sure I've just scrolled through some photos of real horses! Shocked Shocked
You are so unbelievably talented, I would love to be able to paint like that! Applause drunken
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 2:31 pm

They are all very beautiful with nice colors and perfectly painted. cheers

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 3:27 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 4:02 pm

I don’t know what is the best here, models, paintings or pictures ? Ok everything is the best cheers

I have a special bias for Jenny be goode and Freak Magnet I love you
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 5:46 pm

Very Happy Applause cheers flower
Back to top Go down
A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 6:43 pm

cheers cheers cheers
Wonderful little horse, and photo's that do them justice flower

Though I have to say that the kitty is my favourite cat

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 8:01 pm

Amazing models and pictures! cheers cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 9:18 pm

All are beautiful but the shire is a cut above the rest. Splendid job!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2020 5:58 pm

Thanks so much Bonnie, Lucky Luke, Andreas, Paige, Christophe, Alain, Roger, and Anne-Joke!
I'm happy to hear that you like them sunny sunny sunny

Paige, thank you! I'm happy to hear that you like the Shire! And that's also quite funny because he's the oldest from this group Very Happy His face marking, by the way, were painted by Aleksander (Dark Pegasus studio). And he also encouraged me to try sabino markings. I usually avoid sabino markings as they seem so complicated to paint.

A-J, I only have a few horses to add to this topic and then I'll make some space for cats again cat I can see why the obsession about horses may not be everyone's thing Laughing

Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2020 8:32 pm

All 3 sculptures look`s amazing !
And with your paint work , all 3 of them (actually 4) look`s just gorgeous !
Like Paige, first the favorite for me , was the CLydesdale horse, because I love heavy horses and this one, with these markings , look`s so beautiful.
But then, watching also the other 2 ... this welsh pony is also so beautiful model and both colours are great.
And the quarter horse is so elegant , with beautiful colours ...
So, I don`t have a favorite anymore.... I love all 3 of them ! Laughing sunny

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2020 11:55 pm

Ohhh, Anna ! I can't stop looking Shocked I love you cheers

Awesome models, fantastic paintworkk, and stunning colours !!!
I LOVE blue duns ( = Grullos in American, Móalott in Icelandic), and Lola is ever so gorgeous drunken

Auron could easily be a so called "minimal" splashed white , - the kind of pinto where the white is on the lower parts, and face markings cover the eyes ...a colour which makes me think of eagle for some strange reason Very Happy
"Minimal", because most often the belly is white too.

Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2020 12:34 pm

Thanks so much, Kosta, and Susanne! I'm happy to hear that you like the horsies! cheers sunny
Susanne, I'm happy to hear you like blue duns so much! It's for sure one of my favorite colors on real horses too! It must be because of Koniks which, I love, haha. I hope you'll like the next blue dun I'm showing today. It's much darker than Lola.
And, thank you for the extra information about the bay Auron. I think you must be right! I've based this one on photos, but I couldn't be sure if there were no white hair on the belly on another side, for example.

Kosta, it seems I forgot to answer your question from your previous comment. Yes, I'll take more pictures of the cat, probably as soon as I have two other cats finished. From the upper angle, for sure. The underside is nothing special. I didn't bother to paint the pattern on that side because there's no way to display this cat upside down Laughing There's just the base color on that side and my initials.

Now it's time for the last part about horses. The scale 1/12 and 1/9, known as Classic and Traditional in the model horse hobby. I might have shown some of them before, but I think at least some of them are new here.

First the big boy, traditional sized horse (originally Friesian) sculpted by Josine Vingerling. The mold name is Jools. I called mine Mr Sandman. And it's a Baroque Pinto in my collection.

The ponies, both made from the same resin mold - Horst by Nikola Behr. The palomino one is just like the original, and the leopard-spotted one is customized (with permission from the artist). I call the palomino one Candy Boy and the spotted one Ponpon. They are also Traditional sized (1/9)

This is Dartanian, sculpted by Sarah Minkiewicz, it's a Classic sized (1/12) model. I painted him dark grullo and he represents a Sorraia horse in my collection. He needs a new name.

And, the last one I painted recently is Bleikur! Bleikur is an Icelandic yearling sculpted by our friend Lea of Koniminiatures studio! He's around 1/9 or 1/10 scale (small Traditional). He is in need of a new name too! If you have any suggestions they are very much welcome Very Happy

Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2020 1:28 pm

Very Happy Applause cheers
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2020 1:35 pm

These are all just too beautiful for words! Shocked cheers Very Happy
The way you paint them just looks so realistic- I can see the direction of fur, and all the different shades- and they're all blended so naturally! cheers You have so much talent with horses- it's unbelievable! Shocked Applause
And I love the Breyer corgi too, it's gorgeous! Very Happy santa
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2020 2:21 pm

More amazing models, - WOW !!!!! affraid

About a new name for the icelandic yearling, - what about Tjaldur , - the name in icelandic of the Eurasian oystercatcher ?
The colours remind me of these lovely, lively birds Very Happy
It is not an unusual name for a tobiano in Iceland.

I adore his blue eye, - we see that sometimes if a pinto has much white Applause Applause

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2020 2:42 pm

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2020 6:10 pm

Thank you, Jean Luc, Andreas, Bonnie, and Susanne! I love you I love you I love you

Susanne, wow, Tjaldur is a PERFECT name for this model! Thanks so much! I love bird-related names, I like oystercatchers a lot too (several couples were living in the neighborhood of my previous home, I liked their funny voices). And the colors are matching indeed! I'm so happy with this idea! Thank you, thank you, dear Susanne! cheers

Back to top Go down
A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2020 7:31 pm

Ana wrote:

A-J, I only have a few horses to add to this topic and then I'll make some space for cats again cat I can see why the obsession about horses may not be everyone's thing Laughing

the horses are really great too cheers I just happen to be a fan of animals with an intricate pattern, and that's something you see more in predators then horses I suppose scratch

The ponies are just too cute and the Icelandic (Tjaldur :) ) Shocked you can really see Lea's signature in the sculpting style cheers bounce

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next