Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Burger's Customs

Go down 
+23
Taos
Pardofelis
halichoeres
strawberry crocodile
sunny
spacelab
Jill
George
goatherder
lucky luke
pipsxlch
Kikimalou
A-J
Ana
Roger
costicuba
Caracal
Advicot
widukind
Saarlooswolfhound
Bonnie
SUSANNE
Burgerenby
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

Country/State : Deutschland

Burger's Customs - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 9 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2021 6:09 am

Thank you, I have now turned the older CollectA Smilodon into a Barbourofelis by slightly editing the sculpt, I was inspired by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]'s repaints of this figure for a while and it was fun to edit the toy and painting it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 9 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2021 12:53 pm

That is a seriously cool custom. Really stellar job. I love it!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 9 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2021 9:56 pm

Awesome adjustments! I love the coat colors and patterns you chose, and the sculpting additions give it so much more energy and life.
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2021 2:58 am

Wow, I love this! Amazing pattern and color design Very Happy Beautiful Barbourofelis cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2021 4:50 am

Such amazing adjustments and the result is so realistic and full of life! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2021 7:56 am

Many thanks, the colours are heavily inspired by the African civet, as Barbourofelis is also not quite a cat but somewhat related.
I have started to edit some marine reptiles now but I hope that the next custom I'll finish will be a horned gopher.

Back to top Go down
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 9 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2021 6:40 pm

There was some progress on the horned gopher but I ended up finishing the Schleich Triceratops first.
I also forgot to take a before photo this time but it's the one from the Conquering the Earth line (here is the toyanimal.info entry: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I got rid of the scales that align with the red pattern on the original figure, added quills, a keratin sheath over the frill and uropatagia, sculpted over the horns and beak and edited the hands.

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 9 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2021 6:49 pm

Oh wow, what a transformation! It looks great! Your depth of color with even the "drab" green color sheme gives the model so much more realism. Great work!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 9 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2021 7:18 pm

Thank you, it's actually brown (apart from the frill, that's yellow), might appear a bit greenish due to my lamp as I took these at night, I just couldn't wait for the sun to be up haha.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 9 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2021 7:53 pm

Ah, I understand your excitement! The natural blend coloring then, is really well done. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2021 4:17 am

Stunning once again! cheers
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2021 11:49 am

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2021 3:05 pm

At last, the horned gopher, funnily enough horned gophers aren't actually gophers but more closely related to squirrels.

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2021 3:30 pm

I LOVE it! Again, really nice craftsmanship and paint work. And above all, an awesome idea!

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2021 3:46 pm

I wonderful idea for this figure and what an amazing transformation! cheers I love the way you have painted the fur with so many layers of different colours, creating that thick furry texture! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2021 4:05 pm

Haha, very cool! Both of them, the dinosaur and the mammal Very Happy
I especially like the original facial details on the triceratops head.

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 9 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2021 4:37 am

Lovely new customs!
I really like the horned gopher transformation cheers

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 24, 2021 4:46 pm

I made some more Megaloceros customs, this time they are based on Ken Walker’s taxidermy reconstruction.
I used the Papo version once again, my neighbour bought one which came with a broken off antler, so we traded figures, fae got one with antlers intact and I edited the one with the missing antler into a doe, the antlers were then reused by attaching them to a vintage red deer figure by Elastolin.

So in the end my neighbour and I both got exactly what each of us wanted.

Here you can see an in between stage of the customization of the doe, when I had it all finished I noticed that I didn't do a full bottom surgery but rather just an orchiectomy, but I don't care enough to edit that area again, especially after all those paint layers.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 24, 2021 5:58 pm

I don't know why I missed this topic for so long! Sleep
Sometimes we have a dream and we think for a long time if what we dreamed happened or not. Sometimes something really happens and we think it was a dream. I think it was what ahppened and i thought I had dreamed about someone transforming a frog into a tarsier. After a certain time I thought it only could be a dream, it is what happens when we spend too much time on forum. It is not possible. So, I forgot about it. Look what happened since then, so many wonderful transformations and you're giving us a bath of talent and criativity. OK, maybe I am just dreaming again and soon I will awake and realise that Megaloceros are already extinct and black T-rexes are wingless dragons. Wink

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 24, 2021 6:25 pm

Everytime I visit this topic I think I have seen the pinnacle of transformation, and then post something amazing again! Really stunning, the colors, the sculpt editing, all of it is just so stellar. Great work once again!

Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 9 EmptySun Jul 25, 2021 12:14 pm

Absolutely stunning!!!!! Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 9 EmptyMon Jul 26, 2021 5:01 am

What a wonderful herd you have now!.. you just have to release into the Wild! Very Happy bounce

I love your repainting  cheers  cheers  Applause  but to obtain a doe, it could be interesting to cut off the antlers of a Bully one (if you have another one of course!) for a matter of size difference..

I bought a second Papo one few days ago but I don't know yet if I 'll dare to custom it.. :)

.. and I am just discovering above your very convaincing Barbourofelis, it's stunning too! you choosed the right already stocky  CollectA model to obtain it by accentuating the
robustness of the body, changing the proportions of the back legs and adding lower jaw apophysis! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 9 EmptyMon Jul 26, 2021 7:19 pm

Thanks, I had this idea for a while and I am so glad to have done it at last.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I'm happy to hear that my customs can always surprise you each time.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I'd feel a bit bad about doing that to a Bullyland Megaloceros, the one I painted last year was one I had since I was a toddler, bought on a trip to Paris, so it had a lot of paint wear and toy box warped antlers, but I wouldn't want to take the opportunity away from another collector to get this rare figure and then remove its most defining feature while the Papo version is currently in production, it just wouldn't feel right to me.
I'm glad you also like the Barbourofelis and noticed that I altered the hind legs to match the length of the metatarsals, it was fun to sculpt the fur texture there and on the neck.
You can see below what it looked like before I painted it.

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 27, 2021 11:17 am

Thank you for showing this step to us! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 29, 2021 5:44 am

For today I have two CollectA Allosaurus which I have painted for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], they will be sent to her along with the Papo one.
The older one can be imagined as some sort of scavenging retrosaur from a lost world, the colouration is inspired by griffon vultures and aardwolves.
The newer one is distinctively an Allosaurus jimmadseni, recognizable by the skull shape, this species includes famous specimens such as Big Al, the colours for this one are inspired by maned wolves.
Of course as with the Papo one the colours were picked by her once again.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Burger's Customs
Page 9 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next